Thanks for stopping by!
I am a caring and unique human who loves to learn and enjoys the little things in life. I’ve called the Jersey Shore home since I began my journey here on Earth back in February of 1971.
I love being an auntie, and my favorite sound is laughter coming from my nieces and nephews. Those 5 special people make my heart the happiest, and man, do I love to make them laugh.
I’ve always been an avid writer and reader, but I often I kept my writing to myself. It’s been a long journey to now, but I can finally see that the path I’m on has been leading me here all along. I understand the truth in the phrase, “Trust the timing of your life.” Looking back, I’m glad I didn’t give up during my darkest days because those are what most made me who I am today.
When I’m not writing, you might find me in a classroom teaching journalism, walking or riding my bicycle around town, searching the beach for a shell or a piece of sea glass, feeding the birds in my yard, or making memories with my husband, family, and friends.
My writing influences include James Joyce, Susannah Conway, Clare Pooley, Lily King, Carrie Fisher, Liz Nugent, S.E. Hinton, William Golding, Simon Armitage, Bob Greene, George Lucas, Judy Blume, Bruce Springsteen, Kate Chopin, Colum McCann, Robert Smith, Bono/U2, Anthony Kiedis, and Flea.
5 Random Facts About Me:
- I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2008 and Fibromyalgia in 2010. While I manage my conditions the best I can and take it easy when I need to, I do NOT let my health issues define who I am. Interesting fact: I survived West Nile Virus in 2012, and what saved my life was one of my Lupus medications-I would have died but the medication kept my fever from going higher than its peak at 106.8 degrees. I also survived COVID-19 in March 2020 and the same medication kept the virus from progressing.
- I am a Star Wars geek at heart, and the only person I’d ever consider leaving my husband for is Boba Fett. He’s a badass and I’ve loved him since I first saw him on the big screen in “Empire” when I was 9 years old. The fact that he’s back in 2021 is exciting beyond belief, and I cannot wait to learn his story in the upcoming Disney+ series The Book of Boba. It’s a toss up whether I know more about the Star Wars movies or Seinfeld.
- My favorite musicians are Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Cure, 311, U2, Jack Johnson, New Order, Violent Femmes, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Smashing Pumpkins, and Sting.
- I cheer for the New York Yankees. I believe that Derek Jeter is one of the best humans to ever walk on the planet. I admire his leadership, his dedication, his tenacity, his morals, and his example. RE2PECT always to the Captain! My favorite players are Brett Gardner, Gio Urshela, and Red Thunder (Clint Frazier).
- Someday I would like to return to St. Thomas and Dublin, as well as see Prague, the Grand Canyon, Malta, the Maldives, and Iceland. I’ve traveled to Ireland four times since 2014 and it gets better with each visit. I’d also love to get just one ride in a speedboat (like those in the local Offshore classic races), swim with dolphins, and play with a baby piggie.
I believe in kindness and compassion. I believe in empathy. I believe in standing up for myself. And I believe in my novel, Chapter One-A Novel.
Most of all, it might have taken 50 years, but I can finally say that I believe in ME.