I am a caring and unique human who loves to learn and enjoys the little things in life. I’ve called the Jersey Shore home since I began my journey here on Earth back in February of 1971.
I love being an auntie and my favorite sound is laughter coming from my nieces and nephews. Those 5 special people make my heart the happiest, and man, do I love to make them laugh.
I’ve always been an avid writer and reader, but up until a few years ago, I kept my writing to myself. It’s been a long journey to now, but I can finally see that the path I’m on has been leading me here all along. I see the truth in the phrase, “Trust the timing of your life.” Looking back, I’m glad I didn’t give up during my darkest days because those are what most made me who I am today.
When I’m not writing, you might find me in a classroom teaching Journalism, riding my bicycle around town, walking on the beach in search of a shell or a piece of sea glass, feeding the birds in my yard, or making memories with my husband, family, and friends.
Some of my influences include James Joyce, Susannah Conway, Carrie Fisher, Liz Nugent, S.E. Hinton, William Golding, Simon Armitage, George Lucas, Judy Blume, Bono, Anthony Kiedis, and Flea.
5 Random Facts About Me:
- I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2008 and Fibromyalgia in 2010. While I manage my conditions the best I can and take it easy when I need to, I do NOT let my health issues define who I am. Interesting fact: I survived West Nile Virus in 2012, and what saved my life was one of my Lupus medications-I would have died but the medication kept my fever from going higher than its peak at 106.8 degrees.
- A Star Wars geek at heart, Boba Fett is the only person I’d ever consider leaving my husband for. He’s a badass and I’ve loved him since I was 9 years old when I first saw him on screen in “Empire.” It’s a toss up whether I know more about the Star Wars movies or Seinfeld…both are pretty strong in my warped brain.
- My favorite musicians are Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Cure, 311, U2, Coldplay, Jack Johnson, New Order, Simply Red/Mick Hucknall, Violent Femmes, Michael Franti and Spearhead, and Sting. I’m also a closet smooth jazz fan.
- I’m a New York Yankees fan and think that Derek Jeter is one of the best humans to ever walk the planet. I admire his leadership, his dedication, his tenacity, his morals, and his example. RE2PECT always to the Captain! My favorite players this season are Aaron Judge, Ronald Torreyes, and Brett Gardner.
- Someday I would like to return to Ireland (for a fourth time) and St. Thomas, as well as see Prague, the Grand Canyon, Malta, and Iceland. I’d also love to get just one ride in a speedboat (like those in the local Offshore classic races), swim with dolphins, and play with a baby piggie.
Have a question? Want to know more? Please feel free to email me at email@example.com!